ILLiad offers the convenient option of having articles delivered to you without ever going to the library or waiting for mail delivery.
Expect electronic articles to be available on your virtual desktop a few days sooner than a paper photocopy would arrive on your real desktop.
Electronic delivery is available for items that are delivered to us electronically from the lending library
- How do I sign up for electronic delivery?
- How do I know if my computer can receive electronic articles?
- How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader?
- How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
- What if I do not want electronic delivery?
- What if I have questions about electronic delivery?
How do I sign up for electronic delivery?
- Logon to ILLiad
- From the main menu, click the "Change" link under the Personal Information options.
- For the choice "Preferred Electronic Delivery if Possible (via web through ILLiad)" choose "Yes" to have your electronic articles posted to your ILLiad account.
How do I know if my computer can receive electronic articles?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and configured to work with your Web browser in order to view, download, and print these articles. If you can read the sample page, then your computer has the necessary software installed to work with your Web browser. However, if your computer tells you the file type is unknown and asks if you want to save the file to disk, then you need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available without charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" button to go directly to the download page.
How do I get my articles when they arrive?
- Logon to ILLiad
- From the main menu, click the "Electronically Received Articles" link under the View Requests options.
- A list will be displayed containing all of the items that you have waiting to be viewed or downloaded.
How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
ILLiad sends you an e-mail notification for each item received. That e-mail will include information about the delivery method.
What if I do not want electronic delivery?
Paper delivery is the ILLiad default. Electronic delivery will be provided only if you choose it as an option on your Personal Information Form in ILLiad.
What if I have questions about electronic delivery?
You can e-mail questions to email@example.com or call us at 555-1212.